Dresses Of Pakistan Stamps - Amazing Embroidery Designs

It has been a long time since I last updated my blog. In fact I wanted to do it more often, but because of various commitments I could not get time. However I should not be worried because every blogger faces a similar down time at some stage of his blogging life.
I have decided to be more punctual in posting new posts on my blog from now on. Let's see how long this pledge works.
So here is my first post of the long time. The beautiful stamps shared today, show a beautiful set of women in traditional dresses from Pakistan. The dresses are from for four provinces of Pakistan. Pakistani dresses are famous around the globe for their embroidery, neatness and originality.
The Pakistani traditional dresses shown on the stamps are from the four provinces of the country naming Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan and NWFP (the name of the province has lately been changed from North Western Frontier Province (NWFP) to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) )
The first day cover also shows a pattern of Pakistani embroidery. The stamps were issued in 1993 and the cover is postmarked at Philatelic Bureau Peshawar.

No comments:

Post a Comment